Bhante Khippapanno, ordained a Buddhist monk in 1949, practiced vipassana in India and Burma with Dipa Ma, Mahasi Sayadaw and Shwe Oo Min Sayadaw. He founded Jetavana Vihara, Washington, DC, 1982, and Sakyamuni Meditation Center, CA, 1988. He helped establish Phuoc Son Meditation Center, Vietnam, 1994.
The earth touching hand gesture and the moment of great enlightenment. The turning of the wheel of Dhamma gesture and the Four Noble truths. More on the inside knowledge is of quote body and mind" and "cause and effect"
There are five benefits
1. having a peaceful mind
2. subtle and refined breathing
3. not being thirsty, no need of drinking water
4. having happy mind states
5. overcoming unwholesome mental state easily
Morality is the foundation of concentration and wisdom
1. Seeing the mind clearly
2. Keeping the mind in balance
3. Curing ordinary illness
4. Understanding the Dhamma teachings easily, deeply, and thoroughly
5. Not being reborn in the four woeful states...stream entry
What is the meaning of effort, clear comprehension, and mindfulness in the introduction of the Maha Satipatthana Sutta? Emphasis on how to contemplate he air element, vibration, expansion, Motion, movements